Structure and Pace
Two extracts illustrating how dynamic pace and changes of rhythm can engage an audience.
- Too Much Punch for Judy: A Night on the Piss
- Hard To Swallow: At the Meal Table
Using two extracts including the ever popular Brussels Sprout Scene
- Arson About (TIE version): Fireworks at the Fair
- Hard To Swallow: The Brussels Sprout Scene – extract from the Wheeller DVD for sale from Maverick Musicals
Showing how a long period of time can be compressed using a theatrical convention.
Hard To Swallow: In and Out of Hospital
Cheating Into Emotion
A device for dealing with high emotion without resorting to high melodrama.
Arson About: The Smoke Clears
Use of Monologue
Four examples of this technique, each used in a different way.
- Chicken!: Nut Job’s monologue
- Too Much Punch for Judy: Childhood and Youth in Retrospect focus on facial expressions
- Too Much Punch for Judy:Childhood and Youth in Retrospect focus on movement and levels
- Graham World’s Fastest Blind Man: Unemployment Employment
Using Projected Images
Two examples, including one showing Brechtian Alienation and one how documentary material can be used.
- Graham World’s Fastest Blind Man: Graham’s Early Years
- Missing Dan Nolan: A Much Loved Son and Brother
Six extracts highlighting aspects such as use of mime, song, flashback, stylistic narration and Epic Theatre.
- Kill Jill: No Tea Bags
- Graham World’s Fastest Blind Man: King of the College
- Missing Dan Nolan: Noodles and Out
- No Place for a Girl / Sweet FA: Spanner in the Works
- Chunnel of Love: Birth Sequence
- Legal Weapon ll: Fatality
|Dimensions||15 × 2 × 25 cm|
Wheeller Plays Exemplified DVD
$80.00 ex GST
Wheeller Plays Exemplified uses 18 extracts from plays such as Hard to Swallow, ‘Kill Jill’ ,Too Much Punch for Judy and Missing Dan Nolan to demonstrate a range of performance techniques and devices.
For the many Drama teachers already using the works of Mark Wheeller, the extracts, directed by professional director Tim Ford, will be an excellent addition to their texts. The DVD also contains interviews with Mark Wheeller about his work, providing a fascinating insight into the interesting and unique style of this playwright.
For those not yet familiar with the Wheeller’s plays, this DVD will be of particular use to illustrate alternatives to Naturalistic Drama.
The DVD clearly and professionally shows examples of how Physical Theatre, different uses of Monologue, Projected Images, Precis Theatre, Rhythm and Pace, Narration, Song and other forms can be used in the performance of devised and indeed scripted performances, all depicted by senior teenage drama students.
Be sure to check out Mark Wheeller’s YouTube channel and click that subscribe button to be the first to see his new videos! Click here to go to his channel.
Australia = $10 for tracked parcel
New Zealand = $16.50 for tracked parcel
International = $20 for tracked parcel
Once you have purchased this product, we will contact you with an invoice for the postage, and will send you your DVD once the funds clear.